Guide :How to update Sony Xperia Arc S with Android 4.2.1 Jellybean CM10.1 Custom ROM firmware
Xperia Arc S users now get ready to update their smartphone with the latest magic of the Android 4.2.1 firmware using Custom ROM firmware which ultimately ropes with the magic of CM 10.1 Custom ROM which is released by the Cyanogen Mod developers. See basically this latest Android 4.2.1 firmware is a Custom ROM firmware not any Official firmware from Sony. So the users who are waiting for the Official version of firmware then they should put an halt to their wait as still there is no any release of the Official firmware version for Xperia Arc S from Sony till yet.
In this article we will be checking out for Xperia Arc S and will be providing out you the detailed guide for updating your Xperia Arc S with this firmware. So before directly proceeding to the Guide where we have summed up the steps for updating with this latest unofficial version of firmware, we will be just going through some of the prior conditions as discussed below. You should try to follow all the below mentioned conditions carefully so that your installation of the firmware completes properly & successfully.
Quick Prior condition :
1) As this firmware update Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 firmware is a Custom ROM firmware, so for updating your Xperia Arc S with this Android 4.2 CM10.1 your device must be rooted. For this you need to download the “Root checker ” application from the Google PLAY store for checking out the same for your device.
2) Secondly Create the backup of all your data of your Xperia Arc S using the below the below mentioned steps. Backing up your data is essential as in case if your data gets erased or if it gets corrupted it can be restored back to your device by simply following the below steps.
SMS :-Use Restore application and SMS backup.
Contacts :-Sync with Gmail
Call log :- Call log Restore
Internal/external SD card :- Backup your data in the external/ internal SD card.
MMS and APN settings :- Getting from the path as Application -> settings -> wireless and network ->mobile network -> access point.
3) Following from the path as “Settings -> Application -> Development ->USB Debugging” and begin the USB Debugging by choosing the option.
Please remember the few points:
i) The battery should enough charged minimum left up to 60 % , so that your Xperia Arc S might not get off in between the installation process of the firmware.
ii) All the security software which are installed in the computer should be disabled or turned off during the installation process.
iii) Make sure that all your USB read and write in your computer are properly working.
iv) Make sure that your Xperia Arc S is installed with ClockWorkMod recovery
Procedure for Upgrading Sony Xperia Arc S with Android 4.2.1 Jellybean CM10.1 Custom ROM firmware :
1) First of all download the Android 4.2.1 CM 10.1 firmware ROM Package and Google apps in your computer. Once the downloading is complete then connect your Xperia Arc S via original USB cable to your PC.
8) Finally your Sony Xperia Arc S is updated with Android 4.2.1 CM10.1 ROM firmware. Enjoy with the exciting features of this firmware. Just moving over the to path you can check for the same that whether your device is updated or not “Settings -> About Phone -> Firmware version”.