I recently bought a new Samsung N100SP netbook. It came with free DOS installed in it as an operating system. Now it was necessary for me to install some good operating system on it. So I decided to go for Windows 8. Below is my step by step tutorial on how to install windows 8 on Samsung Netbook. Though I wrote this tutorial for installing windows 8 on samsung netbook, but you can also use this tutorial for installing any operating system (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7) on any brand netbook (Sony, Samsung, Asus, Dell, and others). So your step by step guide is here.
The problem that you will come across while installing windows in Netbook is that it does not have CD/DVD drive and hence you can not install windows directly from CD/ DVD.
So you need to install windows through bootable pendrive or bootable flashdisk.
Here is the step by step solution to your problem:
- Create ISO image of windows 7 (Windows 8 ) in UDF format and through this image create a windows 7 bootable USB disk. Refer our detailed tutorial on “How to create a windows 7 / windows 8 bootable pendrive “
- Now after you have created a bootable USB disk, you are ready to install windows on your new Samsung netbook.
- Plug in your bootable USB Disk. Restart your samsung netbook, and press F2 function key as soon as the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- Go to boot menu and press enter on Boot device priority. See the screen shot below
- Now click on boot device Priority and between several options choose to bring USB drive boot to the first place.
- Now Press F 10 function key and restart your netbook.
- Now in the boot menu, message will appear “Press any key to install windows”, follow the instructions and your Windows 7 or Windows 8 installation will start.
- See the screenshot below. Remember that after completion of step 4, your netbook will restart, and in that restart, you should set boot priority again. Set your harddisk to the first boot priority option and then continue with restart.
- Finally your windows have been installed now. Since I have chosen to go for windows 8, so here are my screenshots for windows 8