Hello friends, how are you, very well welcome to the Webtechvillla.com blog post. Today you will be Know about how to set up parental controls.
Smartphone has become an important part of our daily life. These days not only adults are using the Smartphone, but also children use it to watching video games and videos, etc.
But seeing the dangers and impact of the Internet, you need to look after your child from using the Internet. Because protecting kids from such material is a very difficult task for parents.
But with the bits of help of some software and updating features of the devices, you can be monitoring your children’s activities.
It is important for you to make your smartphone safe for children. If you do not know about Parental Controls and how to set it up, then you have come to the right place.
Suppose, you are not present or stay at home, but you will make your home computer and internet or other devices safe for your child then you can use these features.
Here, I am given complete information about what is Parental Control, why it should be used in your Android Phone and computer, what is the benefit from this, and more about it.
But for this you will have to read till the last of this post, only then you will be clear about it.
What is parental control?
At present time, every kid in this growing Internet world has become fully familiar with the Internet. If Child does not have any restrictions then they can use to the computer or the Internet all day. Especially, when parents are not at home or do not know more about the computer.
If you know about Parental control meaning, then it is the feature of monitoring online and offline activities of children and restricts certain explicit content viewable by your child.
When you have a small child in our house, he definitely uses your phone as well as an app uses to play games, but at that time different types of ads keep coming in your phones, it may not be nice for them according to their age.
So, it is important to restrict a range of explicit content such as explicit songs, videos, movies, etc. for your child and protecting his/her from undesirable experiences online.
Why is parental control important?
• You can know what your child is doing after you and monitor your kids’ devices.
• Manage what your child finds on the search engine.
• If you feel that some websites are not suitable for your child, then you can block those websites.
• It helps you to establish good cyber safety habits for your child.
• Can get the complete details of all the websites visited on the computer.
• Set the time for use of computers and the internet for your kids.
• Track and monitor day to day online and offline tasks of the child.
• Safe the child to access from malicious software attacks.
• You can monitor a child’s cell phone uses such as- calls, text messages, emails, social networks.
• Make internet search good for the children.
Also Check : Android mobile overheating problem and Prevent it
How to set up parental controls
A child loves digital devices but does not have much understanding of what they should see and whatnot, so it is necessary for patents to monitor theirs activates.
Let’s know how to set up parental controls step by step.
How To Set Up Parental Controls On Android
1. Firstly, you have to go to the Play Store on your phone and tapping the three-line icon on the top left corner of the screen.
2. After that, you have to go to the Settings option.
3. You will get the option of parental controls; by default, Parental controls are off. So you will have to on it to set up.
4. After tab, a new window will appear on your screen, you will have to enable parental controls, you will be asked to create a 4-digit PIN there, you can create any pin according to yourself, you need to confirm the PIN by entering it again.
5. Now you have to set the Restriction for each type of content. Just like if you want your child to stay away from the wrong App & Games, movies, etc.
Make it simple with an example, suppose If you choose apps rated ages 3+, then Play Store will only display apps for kids aged between 3 and 7 and If you choose rate 7+, then Play Store will show apps for kids aged between 7 and 12, and so on. So you can set the restriction according to your child’s age.
Also Check : Best Android Tricks Tips You Will Read This Year
How do I remove parental controls?
Sometimes you need to turn off parental locking, So how can you eliminate your PIN. Do worry about it, just following the below-noted steps.
1. Go to the Settings the Play Store of your Smartphone
2. Tab the parental controls, by default, Parental controls are On. So you will have to tab it to remove the parental controls
3. You will be entering the PIN which you created earlier in parental controls to modify.
After that, your parental controls are off.
I hope you will understand how to set up parental control in phone.
How to set up parental controls on google chrome
Can I set parental controls on Google Chrome, if this question comes to in your mind, then it answer is yes? You can quickly set up parental controls in Google Chrome, prevent your children from visiting inappropriate sites, and give them a safe online experience is by turning on SafeSearch features of the Google Chrome Browser.
How to Enable Google SafeSearch
Google Chrome gives advanced built-in features for safe browsing on the internet. Google SafeSearch is one of them.
SafeSearch feature helps you a safer browsing experience to protect your children from inappropriate websites.
The following steps will help you how to enable SafeSearch on Google Chrome:
Firstly, Open Google Chrome browser on your child’s computer and type google.com/preferences in the search bar or click on the link https://www.google.com/preferences
Secondly, Under the SafeSearch Filters section, you need to click on the “Turn on SafeSearch”.
When this feature is turned on, your children will not be able to see inappropriate and explicit images on their Google Search results. This feature is not 100% accurate but it helps your children avoid most violent and adult content.
Enable Safe Browsing
There is also another built-in feature for safe browsing on Chrome. With the help of this feature, you can provide a safe online experience to your children. Here is how you can enable this feature:
Step 1: Go to the “chrome://settings”.
Step 2: Scroll down a bit and click on the “Advanced” option.
Step 3: Under the “Privacy and security” section, allow or click on the “Safe Browsing.” (Protection from dangerous sites) and other security settings.
Keep in mind that safe browsing won’t be able to stop your children from opening sites on their own will. Thus, this feature may not give you an optimum result.
How do I remove parental controls in Google Chrome?
You need to turn off parental locking and eliminate your PIN in Google Chrome.
1. Click the click the link https://www.google.com/preferences
2. Removed the click show in the “Turn on SafeSearch”.
I hope you will understand how to set up parental control in Google Chrome.
Also Check : HOW TO USE TRUECALLER APP AND TRUCALLER WEB
Advantages of Parental Controls.
You get many benefits from parental controls, out of which some important benefits are given below.
• You can set some limitations in your Play Store for your children.
• If you have Debit Card, Credit Card Add in your Play Store, you can disable it.
• You can set Pin in Parental Controls, with which you will do all the settings.
• You can give permission according to age in Parental Controls.
• There is a lot of Paid Film in the Play Store, you can also stop it.
I hope that you have understood how to set up parental control in phone and computer devices.
In this way, you can set up Parental Controls in your Android Smartphones and computer and keep your child away from the wrong things on the internet.
Friends, if you have liked this post, then do not forget to share it with your friends and if there is any confusion related to it, then you can ask in the comment box. Thanks.